Oversee and prepare business related analysis and research in such areas as financial revenue and expense performance, depreciation and other related areas for special management reports, fiscal planning, budget and forecasting.
Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research.
- Prepare analysis of complex financial data needed in forecasting, budget planning and control and project cost evaluations.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and analyze trends in sales, finance, general business conditions, and identify and report significant variances to management.
- Develop and implement short and long-range plans and current year forecasts, ensuring that accounting records, data and statistics meet the needs of management.
- Prepare and analyze monthly journal entries and monthly financial statements.
- Reconcile and analyze all balance sheet accounts monthly and book appropriate entries. Investigate, correct and follow-up on any inaccuracies identified.
Assist with the development of accounting procedures and monitor all related transactions for proper legal and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance degree or equivalent training and experience.
- MBA or CPA optional but preferred.
- 5 to 8 years professional finance experience.
- Related industry experience helpful.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good organizational skills with a high degree of analysis, accuracy, quality, and detail orientation.
- Technical skills related to real estate, mortgage or franchise.
- Skills to complete complex financial analysis and excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Experience with accounting and general ledger software.
- Strong Excel, Access and Word skills.