Our client is a market leader in their niche providing SMART solutions to industry. They wish to hire a Manager of Global Audit & Risk that will be responsible for managing the execution of the Internal Audit and Risk Management functions globally. In this capacity, will ensure the appropriate policies, controls, and governance processes are operating effectively. In addition, will play a central role in overseeing the execution of the annual Internal Audit Plan, track the implementation of audit recommendations, and report on the status of any risk mitigation activities.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Play a supporting role defining a clear strategic plan and operational focus for the Audit & Risk function, aligning with the Company’s strategic priorities and agreed upon areas of focus.
- Support the successful development, management and end-to-end execution of Audit Plans; drive the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and identify risks and implications.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action.
- Review, finalize and deliver audit reports; communicate audit findings and develop recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively across all levels of the business, managing and engaging a team around a clear set of goals while ensuring excellent communication among team members.
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders to win support for key initiatives.
- A demonstrated command of technical audit principles, standards, and capabilities with on-the-ground experience of driving improvements in business operations.
- The foresight to identify critical areas of risk and/or potential points of failure coupled with the ability to act swiftly and appropriately mitigate them.
- Provide direct oversight of Global Audit & Risk Senior and Staff Associates.
- Aid in establishing policies and procedures to guide the audit staff and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables.
- Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of industry, business and regulatory issues and best practices.
- Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices and regulations.
- Serve as point of contact for audit business partners and stakeholders; assume responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners.
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA or CIA is a big plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in relevant functional areas such as Audit, Accounting, Risk Management; and Insurance
- Strong working knowledge of relevant accounting principles, internal controls, audit processes, and risk management principles
- Results-oriented, highly analytical and have a keen attention to details and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and excel in a team environment.
- The ability to manage subordinate auditors, including recruitment, conducting feedback and aiding career development is important
- Up to 25% travel may be requested as business needs require