Atlanta , United States
about 1 year ago
Our client is a global brand that has a substantial online presence. They wish to hire a Manager of Online Strategy that will own and lead discrete strategic projects. In addition, the Strategy Manager is a thought partner helping to set the agenda for the Online Strategy team. Collectively the team is responsible for developing the overall strategy, helping to prioritize initiatives, working on business development opportunities and monitoring the performance relative to competitors.
In addition to the annual strategic planning process, examples of typical projects include: scan of major technology trends likely to impact the .com business; category, pricing, social and mobile strategies.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Analyzes business problems, structures the issue and prioritizes analyses, performs analyses, synthesizes data to develop a solution, creates documents communicating solution using structured communications principles, presents solution to team and stakeholders, works with stakeholders to implement the solution
- Lead one or more work streams in the strategic and operational planning cycle
- Competitive and market intelligence, develop expertise and become the go-to expert on key competitors and market trends; own regular reporting on one or more data sources (10% of time)
- Bachelors' Degree, MBA is a plus
- 1 – 3 years of work experience with a top tier strategy consulting firm, an investment bank or in a similar corporate environment
- Previous retail / eCommerce experience
- Broad exposure to Tech-Media-Telecom sector
- M&A / business development experience