**2-3 month + Remote Contract**
*Hourly Rate: $25-27/hr
We are looking for a Mortgage Underwriter for a short-term contract. We have had an upsurge in our business and need additional help on our team. The is a remote role where the right candidate will have 2-3 years of recent experience mainly focused on underwriting residential conventional loans. You will be analyzing borrower creditworthiness and ability to repay, appraisal validity, collateral valuation and worthiness, title policies, and property insurance. You will utilize our underwriting system, Encompass, to assist in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Possess 2-3 years of recent mortgage loan underwriting experience.
- Experience working with Conventional, DU, LP and manual underwriting.
- In depth knowledge of underwriting policies and procedures.
- Ability to independently analyze loan files to ensure adherence to:
- Regulations and legal standards governing mortgage lending.
- Loan programs and guidelines, including superior knowledge of conventional, conforming, non-conforming, and government programs and guidelines.
- Legal standards including red flags, suspicious activity and ethical lending.