Atlanta , United States
22 days ago
Our client is a leader in the Healthcare industry and they wish to hire a Payroll Manager that will be responsible for administering payroll procedures for all employees. This role will be responsible for collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records. Although this is a Payroll Manager role, there are currently no direct reports.
Essential daily duties: -
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Coordinate timekeeping & payroll systems.
- Maintains payroll system to accommodate changes
- Works with auditors for financial and workers compensation annual audits
Job Requirements: -
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in payroll
- Proven experience as a payroll specialist or payroll manager
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong knowledge of Payroll software