Our client is a leading provider of healthcare services and they wish to hire a Payroll Specialist to join their team. This role is responsible for administering payroll the employees and will collect and review employee information, hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records.
Essential duties will include: -
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Coordinate timekeeping & payroll systems.
- Maintain payroll system to accommodate changes
- Work with auditors for financial and workers compensation annual audits