Atlanta , United States
over 1 year ago
Our client is a fast growing investment firm in a highly profitable niche industry and they wish to hire a Payroll Specialist to join the company with responsibility for processing bi-monthly payroll and creating year-end W-2’s for all associates. This position may also be asked to assist with payroll processing for other companies within the organization as well as interaction with employees to ensure their paychecks are accurate.
Essential daily duties include:-
- Verify timekeeping records in Workday for all hourly and salary non-exempt employees.
- Contact employees and managers regarding payroll discrepancies and resolve the issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Train associates and managers on use of Workday.
- Run payroll processes following documented processing steps which include a detailed audit of the information.
- Submit payroll timely for all employees with majority being full-time salary associates.
- Ensure all expense reimbursements are uploaded properly and accurately.
- Book the payroll entries to the General Ledger system.
- Complete month-end close procedures for all payroll related items and assist accountants with variance analysis for payroll and payroll taxes regarding monthly financials.
- Maintain associate payroll records and research any miscellaneous payroll or tax issues as necessary.
- Year-end payroll processing, including review and corrections of associate W-2’s.
- Assist in any payroll related audit responsibilities including Workers Comp audit.
- Assist the finance team on the annual payroll budget.
- Develop written Standard Operating Procedures related to various payroll functions.
- Keep abreast of all Workday updates and responsible for testing the updates.
- Develop knowledge base of both legal and tax compliance for payroll.
- Complete standard and ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of payroll experience
- Good working knowledge of Workday payroll and timekeeping systems.
- Good Excel skills