Our client is a fast growing leading logistics and distribution company and they wish to hire a Payroll Supervisor that will assist the Payroll Manager with payroll processing and supervision of the payroll team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Coordinates and processes production and salaried payrolls while overseeing four processors
- Reviews data imported from time and attendance systems to ensure accurate transfer of hours worked and pay owed.
- Reviews and audits computed wages and deductions. Corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll. Posts wages and deductions to payroll records.
- Creates, cancels and reissues manual payroll checks or manual loads to payroll debit cards as required in case of payroll errors or terminations. Stops payment or reversals of live checks or direct deposits.
- Assists managers and employees with inquiries regarding payroll and other legal wage assignments.
- Prepares and reports mandatory Multiple Worksite Reports per regulations quarterly.
- Prepares and reports Local Services Taxes and Occupational Taxes quarterly
- Bachelors' Degree is preferred
- 4+ years' relevant experience
- Experience with complex, multi-state payrolls
- Working knowledge of payroll procedures and Federal/state/local employment tax laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Leadership experience
- Strong Excel as well as experience with ADP tools is preferred