Alpharetta, United States
20 days ago
Growing company has an immediate need for a Product Owner
/Director of BD to assist the company in taking the product and business to the next level. This is a dual role functioning as part sales rep (~30% of the job) and part Product Owner/Business Analyst (~70% of the job). On the Product side, they need a person who can discuss and define requirements with customers, work as a liaison with the customer and Developers, tell a customer what is and isn't possible, make recommendations for experience improvements, assist with the roadmap, and more. If the customer has an issue with the product as it is being used, you will own the process of fixing it while collaborating with internal IT. Also as a senior sales rep, you will learn the business and develop/deliver new business opportunities - this is a long sales cycle, usually 1-4 years, and is not a "cold calling" type of position.
This company is growing rapidly, offers telecommute, jeans every day, and a great 401K and bonus program.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 10+ years of business analysis/software product ownership experience.
- Can gather and manage project requirements from customers, relay the message back to Developers, work with operations, let a customer know what is/isn't possible.
- Strong preference for experience selling a software product, ideally SaaS-based.
- Must be smart, concise, eloquent, and highly polished to work with new potential customers (sales side) and existing customer for product enhancements and support (product ownership).
- Ability to travel nationally 10-15% of the year (not common and also not occurring now during Covid).