Growing company has an immediate need for a Director of BD/Product Owner to assist the company in taking their business to the next level. This is a dual role functioning as part sales rep (~60% of the job) and part Product Owner/Business Analyst (~40% of the job). In this role as a senior sales rep, you will learn the business and develop/deliver new business opportunities - this is a long sales cycle, usually 1-4 years, and is not a "cold calling" type of position. On the Product side, they need a person who can discuss and definte requirements with customers, work as a liaison with the customer and Developers, tell a cusomter what is and isn't possible, make recommendations for experience improvements, and more. If the customer has an issue with the product as it is being used, you will own the process of fixing it while collaborating with internal IT.
This company is growing rapidly, offers telecommute, jeans every day, and upon direct hire conversion offer great 401K and bonus program.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 10+ years of sales experience, can make strong pitches, negotiate contracts. Full sales cycle from A to Z.
- Strong preference for experience selling a software product, ideally SaaS-based.
- 4+ years of business analysis/product ownership experience.
- Can gather and manage project requirements from customers, relay the message back to Developers, work with operations, let a customer know what is/isn't possible.
- Must be smart, concise, eloquent, and highly polished to work with new potential customers (sales side) and existing customer for product enhancements and support (product ownership).
- Ability to travel nationally 10-15% of the year (not common).