Our client provides products, equipment and services for the Construction industry and they wish to hire a Project Analyst that is responsible for working within all stages of project management working closely with project managers to ensure that all budgeting, scheduling and coordination processes run smoothly.
Essential daily duties will include:-
• Has and maintains a solid understanding of the company’s accounting and financial reporting systems under US GAAP as well as IFRS.
• Has experience in the accounting of long-term construction contracts
• Helps the accounting department prepare timely financial reporting for monthly, quarterly and year end closings.
• Controls the budgets and actual spending on projects and provides early warnings to commercial and technical project managers as well as to management,
• Oversees and identifies plan deviations and recommends solutions to project managers,
• Create and execute internal controls in cooperation with accounting department,
• Manage project accounting databases,
• Offer direct financial communication with project team, accounting department, and management,
• Ensure financial information accuracy for the ongoing projects,
• Conduct cost variance analysis and schedule against baseline values through a project’s life cycle,
• Recommend and execute corrective actions to handle project compliance,
• Participates in budget and financial forecast process,
• Supports management with special projects and/or workflow process improvements,
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3-5 years’ experience with long-term construction contracts required
• Extensive Excel experience required
• Knowledge of SAP/R3 with focus on CO and FI module is a big plus