Our client is a leader in the supply of essential resources that enable us to function on a day to day basis. They wish to hire a Project Control Analyst that will lead the project controls process with the internal project management team in order to execute project deliverables.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Working alongside Project Managers to maintain project budgets including monthly budgeted vs. actual cost analysis.
- Serve as the liaison between Project Management and Finance teams to communicate and manage fiscal updates and/or changes required by the Corporate Project Team.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure for tracking detailed breakdown of project costs and manage reporting across multiple systems including Microsoft Excel.
- Produce management reports for the project management team, internal audit and the company on projects to include variance and contingency balance analysis.
- Support business reviews, challenge sessions and stage-gate approvals for projects by effectively communicating the results of financial targets and highlighting major issues that may adversely affect results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- 5+ years of analytical work experience, preferably in construction management, finance or accounting role.
- 3+ years project financial management experience for projects $5M+
- Experience supporting business reviews and challenge sessions for projects by effectively communicating the results of project targets and highlight major issues that may adversely affect results.
- Firm quantitative acumen with the ability to perform project analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with large scale ERP systems.
- Project scheduling experience.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is a big plus.