Atlanta, United States
over 1 year ago
We are looking for a solid Project Manager to join our team for a contract to permanent opportunity. This is an exciting role where you will be responsible for the delivery of complex transformational projects as part of our strategic journey. You will manage anywhere from 8-10 projects at a time with budgets ranging from 50k – 500k. These projects include product enhancements and deployments, hardware rollouts, data conversions, and much more. This is a very hands-on position where you will play an active role in establishing and improving our PMO process as well as interacting with stakeholders to ensure alignment and identify pipeline projects for execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure projects meet expected results by defining / controlling scope, identifying / mitigating / avoiding risks through proactive contingency planning, conducts system audits of technologies implemented and provides stakeholders proper project close-out information.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors, manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders for the flawless execution of projects.
- Develop a detailed project plans to track progress to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Responsible for providing regular updates to Senior Leadership, the PMO organization and stakeholders as well as participating in the PMO stage-gate process.
- 8-10 years of proven project management experience managing multiple projects with budgets of at least 500k.
- Experience managing and executing transformational projects using proven project management disciplines, such as lean/six-sigma, critical path method, SDLC, waterfall and agile methodology
- Solid understanding of financial data, including budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proficiency using MS Project, Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Computer Science or Information Systems
- PMP / CAPM or similar certification is preferred
- Retail Industry knowledge a plus