Property Accountant- Atlanta, GA
Our client is targeting a solid Property Accountant to join their Atlanta office. This is a direct hire position that will pay up to $75K + bonus. Relaxed and professional office; excellent benefit package!
The Property Accountant is responsible for the preparation of property monthly financials providing day to day support to operations and accounting teams and completing tasks as requested in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
• Maintain the daily accounting operations of assigned properties which includes but not limited to the accuracy of balance sheets, income statements, general ledgers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, property utilities, expense accruals, budgeting, forecasting, revenue and expense variance analysis, fixed assets, depreciation and amortization.
• Maintain the financials and support for assigned properties including preparation and review of journal entries, review of general ledgers, generation of financials, preparation of support schedules, and review and distribution of owner reports.
• Review all onsite closing reports received from assigned properties, completing the month end checklist, and timely follow-up of any open questions.
• Prepare JV cash flow reports and distribution of funds.
• Prepare timely debit payments and maintain accurate ledgers of debt and interest balances.
• Prepare JV financial packages as required by partners/asset managers.
• Accurately and timely distribution of JV financial packages to appropriate parties.
• Responsible for timely review and approval of all payables for assigned properties.
• Assist accounts payable associates to ensure timeliness and compliance with established corporate policies.
• Participate and assist in audits.
• Assist onsite associates in compiling and analyzing requested financial information to help the properties achieve the goals and objectives of the company.
• Communicate with Community and Regional Managers regarding financial statement corrections and variance explanations.
• Prepare timely and accurate property bank reconciliations and resolve outstanding items.
• Maintain organized filing system of accounting closing reports and support.
• Ensure proper accounting procedures, policies and principles are followed.
• Participate in ad hoc requests or tasks as needed by management.
• A minimum of 3 years’ property accounting experience with a sound understanding of GAAP.
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Computer and application skills:
• Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet Explorer and Chrome.
• Proven ability to work proficiently in other accounting applications such as JDE, Yardi, MRI, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness to be flexible in responsibilities and work schedule.
• Willingness to work in a team based environment.
• Ability and desire to learn new system applications.
• Effective customer service skills.
• Desire for ongoing development and growth.
• Professional demeanor.