Property Plant and Equipment (PP&E) Accounting Supervisor
Job Summary and Scope:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for general ledger journal entries, month-end close procedures, and analyzing balances in accounts for appropriateness.
This position manages account reconciliations and is required to have detailed knowledge of all general ledger accounts and their contents.
This position is required to meet all scheduled monthly financial reporting and tax deadlines, and provide accurate and timely analysis and research as needed.
- Maintain assigned general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts by reviewing documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations, preparing supporting schedules, recording appropriate journal entries consistent with US GAAP, and reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
- Act as the subject matter expert and demonstrate proficiency of local or US GAAP in assigned accounting area (PP&E and IT Accounting), including technical accounting research and documentation.
- Maintain PP&E software tools including master data updates, accuracy of calculations and journal entries, and reconciliations to general ledger.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of quarterly and annual PP&E reporting packages to support SEC filings.
- Review financial results for completeness by preparing various reports, schedules, and reconciliations.
- Support various audits by providing accounting documents, schedules, and other relevant information.
- Supervise and develop staff accountants, including planning, organizing, and reviewing of work and assisting in the employee evaluation process.
- Develop and implement process improvements to eliminate non-value added tasks.
- Visit other sites for meetings, training or other reasons as needed or assigned.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience:
- Undergraduate 4 year degree from an accredited College / University required. Accounting major preferred.
- Certification (CPA, CFA, CIA, or CMA) highly preferred
- 5 - 7 years of related work experience, with 2 plus years of supervisory experience
- Must be a self-starter, results driven, and capable of working autonomously with limited supervision
- Positive and professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with a variety of team members in various departments and job levels
- Collaborative skills - works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Ability to effectively plan and execute projects, including but not limited to financial system or process improvement projects including documentation of related desktop procedures
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint.
- Prior PP&E and IT accounting experience including software development and leasehold improvements work in process preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of on-line analytical processing (OLAP) tools such as Hyperion