Atlanta, United States
Accounting & Finance
11 months ago
Purchasing Coordinator needed for Smyrna area!
Our client has 2 openings and they will pay $20.19/hr
The Purchasing Coordinator's primary role is to perform all duties related to transactional purchase order entry in a purchasing software program, and ensures efficient, smooth operational flow in the transactional purchasing of indirect goods and services. Responsibilities include issuing purchase orders to our suppliers as well as managing all post PO activities related to the purchasing process. Ensures timely processing of purchase requests: Accurately types all required information from purchase requisition to purchase order. This role works closely with suppliers, internal customers and other key members of the PSM department.
Essential Job Functions
- Auto creates transactional purchase orders from approved requisition pool for departments.
- Review purchase requisitions for completeness and place orders with approved suppliers for US Field Operations and corporate office locations.
- Process requisitions to create PO according to current SOP’s and distribute accordingly.
- Communicate with all internal customers for requisition clarifications, inquires, missing information and provide guidance when required.
- Address and resolve all PO rejections and exceptions, this includes engaging the appropriate stakeholder when necessary to assist in the resolution.
- Ensure all PO’s are in accordance with the departments SLA and compliance is upheld.
- Assists branch and office personnel with purchasing questions, supplier inquiries and escalate if needed.
- Follow purchasing instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors delivery dates, send reminders and coordinates with vendor and department to verify process completion.
- Reviews price differences between PO & supplier and clarifies with the responsible manager and/or department.
- Provides support services to other members of the PSM department.
- Act as central contact person for departments on transactional purchases.
- Foster close working relationships with branches, departments and corporate office staff.
- Relay cost change information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Resolve pricing discrepancies or other requisition / PO issues.
- Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier inquiries, service issues, disputes, and payment discrepancies.
- Participate in supplier performance and feedback assessments.
Work Experience Requirements
- 2 + years working within transactional & operational purchasing, procedures, policies and systems.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP, SAP and Ariba Procure-to-Pay systems or equivalent system.
- Superior customer service experience.
- Able to follow adherence to purchasing practices, compliance and guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills required in interacting with both internal and external resources.
- Ensure supplier compliance and policies are met.
- Perform day-day transactional purchasing functions.
- Advisors management of opportunities to improve cost, performance or process using facts, research & analysis.
- Gather, update and distribute reports.
- Other duties as assigned to assist with PSM leadership.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Customer focused
- Ability to work well across functional groups and influence others to get things done.
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings.
- Strong detail orientation and cost reduction/process improvement focus.
- Strong ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.