Atlanta , United States
over 1 year ago
Our client is a well know brand in Atlanta providing services the consumers in a global basis. They wish to hire a Purchasing Specialist that will be responsible for the transactional purchasing of indirect goods and services. Responsibilities include issuing purchase orders to our suppliers as well as managing all post PO activities related to the purchasing process.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Review purchase requisitions for completeness and place orders with approved suppliers for Operations and Facilities.
- Process requisitions to create PO according to current companies standards and distribute accordingly.
- Communicate with all internal departments for requisition clarifications, inquires, missing information and provide guidance when required.
- Address and resolve all PO rejections and exceptions, this includes engaging the appropriate stakeholder when necessary to assist in the resolution.
- Ensure all PO’s are in accordance with the company guidelines and compliance is upheld.
- Assists office personnel with purchasing questions, supplier inquiries and escalate if needed.
- Follow purchasing instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors delivery dates, send reminders and coordinates with vendor and department to verify process completion.
- Reviews price differences between PO & supplier and clarifies with the responsible manager and/or department.
- Act as central contact person for departments on transactional purchases.
- Foster close working relationships internal departments and corporate office staff.
- Relay cost change information to appropriate stakeholders.
- Resolve pricing discrepancies or other requisition / PO issues.
- Receive, analyze, and resolve supplier statements, inquiries, service issues, disputes, and payment discrepancies.
- 5+ years working within transactional & operational purchasing, procedures, policies and systems.
- Knowledge of purchasing systems.
- Superior customer service experience.
- Able to follow adherence to purchasing practices, compliance and guidelines.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills required in interacting with both internal and external resources.
- Ensure supplier compliance and policies are met.
- Perform day-day transactional purchasing functions.
- Advisors management of opportunities to improve cost, performance or process using facts, research & analysis.
- Gather, update and distribute reports.