Lewisville, United States
almost 2 years ago
Our client is a market leader in their industry providing essential services to businesses and consumers alike that enable them to protect their assets and provide planning tools. Their back-office operations are critical for the ongoing efficiency and development of the company and the wish to hire a Senior Accountant that will be responsible for accounting operations including month close, general ledger, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and related accounts reconciliations and controls. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial transactions
- GL account, primary, cost center, project allocations, etc.
- Enforce financial controls are maintained in the department
- Increased focus on internal program cost allocations and reporting
- Prepare and process monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Ownership of telephone inventory value (receipts, sales, adjustments etc.)
- Own Labor Capitalization Accounting
- Own Parts Accrual Accounting
- Own Excess and Obsolescence parts calculation and control documentation including maintaining evidence of review and approval.
- Own the month/quarter/year end close process
- Prepare and distribute monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet flux reports to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Balance Sheet Creation
- Complete accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute Inventory Roll Forward to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as requested
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Accounting for new Cost Centers:
- Maintain and update internal SOX documentation for financial transactions and support internal audits of related controls
- Constant communication with supervisor and escalate any issues
- Safeguard the assets of the company
- Business Control Process Documentation
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a plus
- Ability to apply revenue recognition principles.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process.
- Must have a solid understanding of GAAP financial accounting.
- Experience in relational databases such as Access or Cognos.
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Great Plains.
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Experience in Blackline Reconciliations