Senior Accountant- North Atlanta
Direct Hire paying up to $75K
The Sr Accountant maintains financial records for the firm and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded, general ledger accounts are reconciled and month-end closing procedures are completed in a timely manner. This position works closely with top-level management on ad-hoc projects to analyze revenue and expenses.
- Performs weekly AP/AR duties, including paying bills, reviewing bills and invoices for errors and accuracy, processing electronic payments, printing checks, making deposits, etc.
- Assists in managing the Company’s accounting system, such as maintaining the chart of accounts, creating customer and vendors profiles, etc.
- Assists in development and implementation of new technologies, procedures and features to enhance workflow
- Manages all company credit cards – monitors card activity, disputes errors, posts/downloads transactions for tracking, allocates charges to appropriate classes, makes payments
- Processes employee expense reimbursements through Expensify
- Calculates commission payouts to advisers
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of all bank statements and company transactions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Completes month-end closing procedures and provides financial analysis
- Maintains customer and employee confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Handles payroll – on-boarding new employees, processing terminated employees, completing employment verifications, processing bi-weekly payroll, etc.
- Works with CPA in preparation of all 1099s and personal property tax returns
- Makes quarterly estimated tax payments as directed by CPA
- Completes audits and compliance tests as requested by 401(k) third-party administrator and other benefits providers
- Manages company’s commercial liability coverage and requests COIs from insurance broker
- Other duties as required or requested
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to take initiative and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Great analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate proficient use of technology and tools to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years recent accounting experience
- High level of competency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Suite – especially Excel