firstPRO 360 is a professional recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in.
Our mission is to provide a seamless recruiting solution for both our clients and candidates. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs and customize our recruitment process because each individual and company is unique.
As a part of Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF), a publicly traded international company, we combine our small business culture with enterprise level support. Allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization
Our client is a global leader in claims management and is currently seeking a Senior Accountant on a long term contractual basis. They are located in the Gwinnett area and paying up to $30/hr.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be part of a global accounting team and the liaison from North America Corporate Office supporting our other Finance teams, the Billing and Collections teams, and branch offices both in the US and internationally. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this role will be directly responsible for managing and assisting our month end close process.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances GL accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Assist with financial audits
- Have a key role in our month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures with a focus of ensuring complete and accurate reports & analyses as well as delivering these results on time
- Partner with branch offices, the billing & collections teams, and other finance teams domestically and internationally to complete deliverables, adhoc financial projects, and financial analyses
- Continual improvement through process optimization and challenging status quo.
- Provide general Accounting and Finance support
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or both
- Minimum 2+ year(s) experience working in accounting.
- Experience with ERP systems to post entries, download/upload data, creating reports. Vision system experience preferred but not required
- Able to do proper reconciliations of accounts
- Demonstrated experience in executing improvements to financial processes
Skills / Knowledge:
- Experience communicating and interacting with C-Level, other leadership colleagues in a confident and professional manner.
- Extensive aptitude for analytical, investigative and proactive thinking
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data across many different tables or sources is required
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Creativity and flexibility in managing multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Creativity in problem mitigation and resolution
- Proven ability to drive problems to closure
- Demonstrated collaboration with other work groups to solve complex issues
- Superior written, verbal and group communication skills
- Experienced in quarterly and yearly external audit requests
- 2+ year(s) of accounting/finance experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in insurance industry preferred but not required
- Experience in Vision ERP system preferred but not required
- Experience working in an ERP system required
- Adept in working with Microsoft Office Suite applications – especially Excel