Lawrenceville, United States
over 1 year ago
Senior Accountant- Northeast Atlanta
Our client has an IMMEDIATE need for a Senior Accountant on a contract basis, with a chance to go perm. For now, this contract is slated to last at least 6 months.
Pay is $35/hr+
The Senior Accountant primarily handles review and analysis of accounts for journal entry preparation for month end close and account reconciliations for assigned accounts, must be able deadline oriented and efficient with time management; Other skills include: attention to detail and research skills.
• Ensures that revenue recognition and general ledger postings are accurate.
• Performs general ledger account research and analysis. Recognizes and acts upon inaccurate postings, accruals and invoices without requiring supervision.
• Performs account analysis and reconciliations.
• Coordinate with various departments and take the lead to capture accurate information needed.
• Assist and train staff.
• Assist with internal and external audits as needed.
• Take on special projects as necessary.
• Must be an Excel power-user (pre-employment testing required)
• 5+ years of experience in accounting business setting
• Ability to help drive all month end close timeline schedules
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiar with standard concepts, practice and procedures of accounting
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Public Accounting experience would be beneficial
• CPA or aspiring CPA would be preferred
• Experience with NetSuite a plus