Our client is a leader in the Financial Services industry and they wish to hire a Senior Accountant that will be responsible for accounting operations including month close, general ledger, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing and related accounts reconciliations /controls. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial transactions
- Enforce financial controls are maintained in the department
- Increased focus on internal program cost allocations and reporting
- Prepare and process monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Own Labor Capitalization Accounting
- Own Parts Accrual Accounting
- Own Excess and Obsolescence parts calculation and control documentation including maintaining evidence of review and approval.
- Assist with the month/quarter/year end close process
- Prepare and distribute monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet flux reports to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Balance Sheet Creation
- Complete accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute Inventory Roll Forward to upper management and other internal groups with a narrative explanation of material fluxes.
- Prepare other reports and analysis as requested
- Work with internal and external auditors
- Accounting for new Cost Centers:
- Maintain and update internal SOX documentation for financial transactions and support internal audits of related controls
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Good financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process.
- Must have a solid understanding of GAAP financial accounting.
- Experience in relational databases.
- Experience in ERP systems such as Oracle.
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Experience with Inventory is a plus.
- Experience in Blackline Reconciliations is a plus