A globally tied corporation in Cobb county is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant whom exhibits confidence in critical thinking surrounding the AR process, as well as comfort working with ERP systems such as Oracle. Please submit your resume to email@example.com if this opportunity is right for you! We are looking for an individual with a strong mind for computer systems, process improvements, and variance analysis.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries including cash, accruals and adjustments according to monthly close schedule
- Assist with post close reporting for Corporate
- Manage the monthly reconciliation cycle for Corporate accounting, scope will include reconciling high risk/key balance sheet accounts
- Assist with the research and resolution of accounting issues
- Assist with the preparation of month end reporting requirements including balance sheet flux analysis
- Ensure accuracy of financial systems (tie out with consolidation ledger, data integrity)
- Work to identify procedure and process improvement areas
- Provide backup support for finance and accounting functions as required
- Interaction with Oracle data flow systems
- Identifying issues and root causes for AR and recommending processes to resolve issues
- Support special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 6 - 8 years of relevant accounting experience, multi-location experience preferred
- Work requires initiative and the ability to analyze complex accounting documents to improve processes and reporting where results have monetary impact.
- Should be familiar with automated accounting systems (Infor M3, a plus), data tie out experience a plus
- Exposure to ERP financial systems like Oracle preferred
- Must possess strong computer skills overall, including the ability to navigate between different systems. Requires experience and competency working with Excel, i.e. Vlookups, etc.
- Work requires the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple task environments.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team while enhancing personal and departmental performance