Atlanta, United States
about 1 month ago
Senior Accountant- Northeast Atlanta
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant with 5+ years of progressive experience. This is a contract to hire position, with a salary of up to $65K.
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Norcross, GA
POSITION SUMMARY: Reviews/Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred. Is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain all corporate cash activity daily from banking websites
- Review and post all corporate cash journal entries
- Reconcile all corporate cash bank accounts
- Review and sign off on all cash reconciliations completed by Accounting Technician
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly financials as needed
- Assist with year-end audit
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Obtain monthly bank statements from websites
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in the field or related field. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience PeopleSoft is preferred but not required.
- Applicant must have excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills.