Growing Alpharetta company has an immediate need to hire a Senior Accountant on a contract-go-hire basis. This person will assist the Controller in a variety of functions. The accounting department is small, so this must be a team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a related field
- Prior manufacturing or distribution experience
- Retail and E-commerce experience helpful
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel required (V-lookups, pivot tables)
The Senior Accountant role is to support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting department.
- Daily review of multi-entity point-of-sale (POS) transactions to ensure the proper recording of all transactions from Counterpoint to Quickbooks
- Responsible for all AR accounts and the proper recording of cash receipts
- Credit card transaction reconciliations
- Cash flow
- General Ledger maintenance
- Fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Performs/reviews intercompany reconciliations
- Responsible for all sales tax reporting requirements.
- Generates payroll and HR related reports as requested.
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances.