Senior Accountant- Capital and Leases
The Senior Accountant- Capital and Leases is responsible for recording and monitoring capital projects, processing existing capital asset activity, and maintaining real estate and equipment leases. This role performs an essential role in all capital related activities involving multiple general ledgers, including internally constructed assets, asset acquisitions, financing activities, and capital reporting to executive management. The Senior Accountant must maintain timely internal deadlines, perform detailed account analysis and collaborate with peers to assist with special projects.
The Senior Accountant should be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while enhancing the current accounting operations. A strong understanding of GAAP and attention to detail are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required
- Broad knowledge and experience in general accounting concepts
- Organized and detail oriented
- Diligent at meeting deadlines, self-driven and confident
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines
- Strong process improvement and problem-solving skills
- Advanced spreadsheet skills desired
- Two to Five years of accounting experience preferred
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the review of project budgets and capital requisitions for return of investment
- Monitor multiple ongoing capital projects against established budgets and prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for management
- Track the compilation of project costs into capital asset accounts and perform closing activities once the related projects have been completed
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recording of capital asset transactions including additions, disposals, and location transfers
- Establish and maintain processes for the payment and recording of monthly lease obligations
- Maintain an organized electronic filing environment for select accounting transactions.
- Prepare month end schedules relating to capital assets and leases and assist with both internal and external audits
- Reconcile specific general ledger accounts
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and process improvements
firstPRO 360 is a professional recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in.
Our mission is to provide a seamless recruiting solution for both our clients and candidates. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs and customize our recruitment process because each individual and company is unique.
As a part of Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF), a publicly traded international company, we combine our small business culture with enterprise level support, allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization.
Please apply in confidence to Patty Ferguson at email@example.com