Atlanta , United States
23 days ago
Our client is a leader in the Insurance industry and they wish to hire a Senior Accountant for a contract assignment and will be responsible for supporting the Finance teams, the Billing and Collections teams, and branch offices both and will be directly responsible for managing and assisting the month end close process.
Essential duties will include: -
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintain and balance GL accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Perform variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Assist with financial audits
- Have a key role in our month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures with a focus of ensuring complete and accurate reports & analyses as well as delivering these results on time
- Partner with branch offices, the billing & collections teams, and other finance teams and complete deliverables, adhoc financial projects, and financial analyses
- Continual improvement through process optimization and challenging status quo.
- Provide general Accounting and Finance support
Job Requirements: -
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting.
- Experience with ERP systems to post entries, download/upload data, creating reports
- Expertise with reconciliations of accounts
- Demonstrated experience in executing improvements to financial processes
- Experience communicating and interacting with C-Level, other leadership colleagues in a confident and professional manner
- Experience analyzing large amounts of data across many different tables or sources is required
- Experienced in quarterly and yearly external audit requests
- Strong Excel
- Experience in insurance industry a plus