Our client is a market leading organization in the services industry and they wish to hire a Contract Senior Accountant that will be responsible supporting accounting management to ensure adherence to GAAP.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Prepare monthly and year-end reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare year-end audit schedules requested by auditor
- Record journal entries (including accruals) and review P&Ls and Balance Sheet accounts for various departments.
- Prepare various balance sheet roll-forwards and other account analyses with adequate support.
- Support Accounting Manager with preparing, reviewing and managing the close of sub-ledgers such as fixed assets.
- Review the month-end operational accounting journal entries prepared by the staff accountants.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure their monthly submissions are complete and accurate and prepare the related journal entry.
- Coordinate with related parties to ensure timely, complete and accurate billing and payment.
- Prepare support for footnote disclosures.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting requirements & various disclosure requirements in connection with the Company’s SEC filings.
- Assist with documentation and compliance with SOX for certain processes.
- Support the internal and external auditor process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, MBA preferred
- CPA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Advanced Excel and accounting software
- Experience with SEC filings is a big plus
- SOX experience