Atlanta, United States
12 months ago
Senior Accountant - Inventory
Location: Marietta, GA
Position Purpose Summary:
Corporate accounting function with key role in Inventory accounting and various revenue and gross margin related transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Responsible for the related monthly close processes including accruals, reserves, cut-off adjustments, and related account reconciliations. Conducts analyses of operational financial data, investigation of variances and evaluates impact to planned activities. Works closely with Branch and other Corporate functions and responds to internal and external audit requests. Assists in identifying process improvements and controls; assists in the development and maintenance of appropriate accounting procedures, records and interfaces. Responsible for maintaining the integrity, accuracy and timeliness in preparation of the company’s financial information in accordance with both internal and external reporting standards.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Calculates and analyzes ‘Excess & Obsolete’ inventory reserves and other inventory related write-offs and reserves.
- Calculates and processes monthly inventory related journal entries, including ‘in-transit inventory’, and consignment inventory adjustments.
- Assists with facilitating and reviewing annual and cycle inventory counts at the branches, and ensuring adjustments are appropriately recorded.
- Assists with internal and external data requests.
- Reviews related accounts for reasonableness and compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Performs account reconciliations and analysis and prepares schedules and general ledger accounts for internal and external reporting and external auditors for assigned areas. Researches / resolves un-reconciled amounts on a timely basis. Reviews / reporting of G/L and other statistical information for internal managerial reports.
- Provides required information for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements. Assists with SOX process documentation and testing for assigned processes.
- Works with various groups and functions to facilitate continuous process improvement. Assists in implementing appropriate accounting practices and internal controls. Contributes to the accuracy and efficiency improvements in the closing process. Maintains key accounting controls verification and reporting processes. Assists with documenting, creating, developing and maintaining processes, policies and procedures.
- Participates on special projects as assigned.
- 3--7 years accounting experience preferred
- BA / BS in Accounting or related degree preferred. MBA or master’s in accounting a plus; CPA a plus.
- Broad knowledge of financial transaction flows and knowledge of GAAP.
- Solid understanding of financial closing process and monthly/quarterly cycles.
- Experience with inventory and related accounting A PLUS
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent time management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, prioritize and work independently.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains/Agility) and/or AS400/Infinium preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant systems technology.