Atlanta , United States
about 1 year ago
Our client is a leading healthcare organization providing essential products and services. Their back-office operations are critical to the ongoing efficiency and development of the company and they wish to hire a Senior Manufacturing Accountant to join their accounting team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
• Provide a source of cost and financial expertise to mill, staff planning, and business analysis teams concerning cost information in the SAP system.
• Provide proactive analysis, advice, and counsel concerning cost problems, cost trends and cost improvement opportunities.
• Train and develop others on business / financial principles and will lead or support other projects as required.
• Support a group of large, more complex mills within a designated sector and take work direction from the Assistant Controller, Accounting.
• Review and approve recommended changes and coordinate on the implementation of various costing changes.
• Review monthly operating results, data and statistics, for sector management reporting.
• Complete proactive and accurate internal and external cost analysis for clients by focusing on the key drivers of cost results.
• Provide transaction support, handle inquires, resolve issues and communicate policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Review sector management reporting of month-end operating results and variances with clear, concise insightful comments that aid the client’s understanding of results and trends.
• Review the reconciliation and explanation of changes to standard cost for use by mill management and staff analysts.
• Provide all the information necessary (i.e. master data changes, allocation cycles, rate changes and approvals) to ensure the accurate and timely operation of the system in accordance with business requirements.
• Perform ongoing accounting and / or reporting activities as assigned. These activities may include business unit and staff reporting and / or supporting the forecast / budget process.
• Assist in special projects as assigned or through individual initiative that meet the needs of customers and to enhance efficiencies and streamline department processes and procedures.
• Provide overall leadership in the audit and maintenance of process documentation and policies to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established financial controls.
• Participate in ERP testing activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Advanced knowledge of general ledger accounting and financial reporting processes.
• Strong proficiency in US GAAP reporting and management reporting needs.
• Ability to leverage business systems (SAP, etc.) and tools (MS Office suite, specifically Excel) to support business execution and measurement of results.
• Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and concepts, as well as, cost analysis experience.
• Proven track record of leading change and implementing continuous improvement projects.
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills with attention to detail, adaptability, self-starter, and high degree of personal accountability is essential.
• Manufacturing and logistics accounting and reporting