Our client is a niche Manufacturer and they wish to hire a Senior Accountant that will be responsible for AP/AR, reconciliation, journal entries, month-end close and financial statements etc.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Assist in month-end and year-end close, ensuring revenue and expenses are recognized in the appropriate month. Successfully close the month independently.
- Maintain the documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improve accounting functionality and procedures.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, including creation of appropriate journal entries. Provide timely key oversight of GL entries.
- Prepare information in support of annual external audit, including preparation of schedules.
- Assist in management of accounting personnel.
- Provide direction and cross training in various functional accounting areas.
- Train new accounting staff, and continually develop the existing accounting team.
- Provide “hands-on” support to personnel and proactively streamline the accounting processes.
- Provide back up for key accounting functions as needed.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Record and track all fixed assets, depreciation capital/operating leases, and appropriate loan amortization schedules.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- AR and/or AP experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of Navision software.
- Cost Accounting background within a complex manufacturing/distribution environment is a big plus.
- Prior experience managing/supervising an accounting team.