Alpharetta, United States
5 months ago
Sr Accountant - Payroll and Benefits
Our client, a large, public medical device company, is targeting a Sr Accountant for payroll and benefits to join their team! This is located in the North Fulton area.
The Senior Accountant Payroll and Benefits drives technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. This individual is responsible for the proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP, company policies, and internal control standards.
Responsibilities (fundamental job duties):
- Generate monthly accounting detail for FAS 123R expense.
- Generate and process invoice documents for Recharge arrangements in international locations and coordinate with Finance on projected performance results.
- Responsible for the quarterly valuation calculation, cash flow reclass reports and quarterly processing dividend payments.
- Coordinates with Executive Compensation consultant and other areas including Legal and Finance to ensure expectations are aligned and achieved.
- Responsible for general ledger and benefit plan reconciliations/audits for 401 (k) and Health & Welfare plans.
- Books payroll files provided by payroll department and 3rd party payroll company.
- Administers commission, bonus payments, relocation reimbursement, PTO accruals, and payment of stock option exercise proceeds.
- Complies with all regulatory and compliance requirements, including state and federal tax payroll laws.
- Perform and support month/quarter/year-end close responsibilities, including: preparation and recording of complex journal entries, reserve/accrual adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement review, balance sheet analytics, and other close activities.
- Analyze account transactions, prepare complex account reconciliations, resolve reconciling items, and prepare accounting statements and reports.
- Develop/implement best practices/standardizations to create effective, efficient, and accurate accounting operations.
- Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Mastery of accounting concepts and financial statements including working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with attention to detail, adaptability, self-starter, and high degree of personal accountability is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the company, including senior leadership, both written and verbal.
- CPA preferred
- Team player who is willing to go above and beyond to help others
- Positive, professional attitude
- Superior work ethic and high energy level
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful