Our client is a market leader in the Healthcare industry, and they wish to hire a Senior Accountant with an expertise in Supply Chain. The Senior Accountant will provide analysis of manufacturing costs to assist management in driving business improvements, while monitoring and reviewing all aspects of the Cost of Manufacturing activities for a group of mills within sectors to ensure effective cost control.
Essential daily duties will include: -
• Provide a source of cost and financial expertise to mill, staff planning, and business analysis teams concerning cost information in the SAP system.
• Provide proactive analysis, advice, and counsel concerning cost problems, cost trends and cost improvement opportunities.
• Train and develop others on business / financial principles and will lead or support other projects as required.
• Support a group of large, more complex mills within a designated sector.
• Review and approve recommended changes and coordinate on the implementation of various costing changes.
• Review monthly operating results, data and statistics, for sector management reporting.
• Complete proactive and accurate internal and external cost analysis for clients by focusing on the key drivers of cost results.
• Provide transaction support, handle inquires, resolve issues and communicate policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Review sector management reporting of month-end operating results and variances with clear, concise insightful comments that aid the client’s understanding of results and trends.
• Review the reconciliation and explanation of changes to standard cost for use by mill management and staff analysts.
• Provide all the information necessary (i.e. master data changes, allocation cycles, rate changes and approvals) to ensure the accurate and timely operation of the system in accordance with business requirements.
• Provide overall leadership in the audit and maintenance of process documentation and policies to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established financial controls.
• Participate in ERP testing activities.
Job Requirements: -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Advanced knowledge of general ledger accounting and financial reporting processes.
• Strong proficiency in US GAAP reporting and management reporting needs
• Must have SAP and Supply Chain experience and strong Excel skills
• Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and concepts, as well as cost analysis experience
• Proven track record of leading change and implementing continuous improvement projects
• Manufacturing and logistics accounting and reporting