Atlanta , United States
about 2 months ago
Our client is a leading manufacturer in a niche market and they wish to hire a Senior Audit and Risk Specialist that will be involved in Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and Insurance.
Essential duties will include: -
- Assist in the identification of audit scope, staff requirements, timetable and budget; as well as provide assistance with the annual audit plan and budget.
- Assist in developing test plans and methodologies to evaluate and audit business processes and controls.
- Assess compliance with established company policies/procedures.
- Assess risk factors to identify high risk areas within the organization.
- Create accurate, logical and detailed work papers, clearly documenting the work performed, results of testing, and conclusions reached.
- Take ownership and independently manage subsets of audits with moderate oversight.
- Perform root cause analysis on exceptions identified during audits.
- Validate and document Risk & Control Matrices across functional business areas; develop test procedures based on RCMs.
- Support and monitor the Enterprise Risk Management initiative.
- Draft audit reports; revise and finalize with the Internal Audit Director.
- Validate issues with stakeholders; assist with additional report writing as needed.
- Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns.
- Play a key supporting role in developing the Data Analytics function for the department.
Job Requirements: -
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant discipline, MBA preferred
- 3+ years’ relevant experience including Audit, Accounting Risk Management and Insurance
- CPA or CIA is a big plus
- Must have Data Analysis experience
- Able to travel up to 25%