Our client is a leading retail, distribution and services company and they wish to hire a Senior Cost Accountant that will be responsible for proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP. In addition, will perform daily review of inventory cycle counts and weekly and monthly inventory reconciliations. Also performs variance analysis of labor, yields, usage variances and overhead expenses. Participates in the development of annual budgets and assist in the maintenance of the standard cost system
Essential duties will include: -
- Assist in preparing and analyzes product sales, costing and margin analysis.
- Work closely with the Operations and FP&A teams to understand / report significant variances.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Perform account reconciliations to General Ledger on inventory and cost related accounts.
- Create new items and rolling standard costs of items as needed.
- Ensure integrity in the financial records, safeguarding of assets, and a strong internal control environment. Keep the company current with these rules, understanding the implications to the business and required reporting, and developing plans to analyze and implement new accounting standards.
- Assist in preparing period close reporting.
- Drive a strong cost accounting mindset throughout the organization.
- Lead the creation and implementation of a best practice standard costing system.
- Develop and implement KPI’s to optimize branch performance.
- Assists in annual budget preparation.
- Completes the E&O (Excess & Obsolete) model quarterly.
- Generate ad-hoc information to support the analysis of business performance.
- Supports annual Physical Inventory process.
- Experience in dealing with data warehouse management and large complex excel files.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
Job Requirements: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Financed.
- 5+ years general/cost accounting/inventory accounting experience in a manufacturing/distribution environment.
- Must have manufacturing/distribution experience.
- Advanced competency in Excel
- Oracle software preferred