Atlanta , United States
11 months ago
Our client is a global manufacturing organization and they wish to hire a Senior Cost Accounting Manager to join their Accounting team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Act as a financial conduit for the Operations team to support their business activities.
- Assist with annual physical inventories.
- Review monthly cycle count reports and follow up with operations team issues and anomalies, as needed.
- Maintain system for recording and controlling financial transactions associated with material receipt and movement, labor, cost of sales and transfers between financial companies. This includes establishing, documenting and maintaining SOX controls over the Inventory process flow.
- Review weekly work order variance reports and work with operations to address action items/corrective actions.
- Manage the annual Standard Cost setting process and related analysis of material, labor and overhead costs. Assess variances that may result in more proactive updates to standard costs.
- Establish and maintain components of the Cost Accounting System: overhead pools and rates, cost categorization – material, labor, overhead, departments and work centers.
- Assist with inventory reserve evaluations.
- Responsible for the Cost Accounting monthly close process which includes: Inventory Valuation, Cost of Goods Sold, Gross Margin and Variance analysis and required reporting.
- Assist with the Annual Budget and Re Estimate process to include: Inventory projection, operations Budgets and performance, variance analysis, and machine costing.
- Assist with annual audit process including document retrieval and analytics.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to help drive process improvement, corrective action, and leadership.
- Provide supervisory support to Cost Accounting Manager, and collaborate with Cost Accounting team, as needed. Provide training, as needed
- Perform ad hoc support for Operations, as well as recurring financial support including informational and operational performance and KPI’s.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheet and database tools, with proficiency in accounting reporting software
- Familiarity with ORACLE and/or SAP software is a big plus
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong Inventory experience
- Advanced analytical skills and proven problem-solving ability
- Ability to interface with all levels of management