Atlanta, United States
about 1 year ago
We are an international company, headquartered in Atlanta, and looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to our newly developed team of Big Data Engineers. You will work with our team to design and develop our Big Data Platform to help us improve processes within our manufacturing plants. As we move from AWS to Azure, you will be responsible for the movement of data as well as transforming data into readable and scalable formats. This will include combining large volumes of complex data, conducting quality checks on the data, manipulating the data, and ensuring continuous access to a clean format of the operational data. This is an exciting opportunity to have a direct impact on our business.
We offer a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and PTO.
- 8-10 years of experience in data engineering and Data Lake using any Hadoop ecosystem
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or background in Mathematics and Statistics; Master’s or other advanced degree a plus
- Python and/or Spark programming experience required (enterprise experience preferred)
- Cloud experience required-Azure/AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience on Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Spark, HBase, HDInsight, Data Bricks, Hive)
- Has used SQL, PL/SQL or T-SQL with RDBMSs like Teradata, MS SQL Server, Oracle etc in production environments
- Experience with reporting and BI packages e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, SAP BO etc.
- Self-sufficient and can run projects on own
- Some travel required