Houston, United States
about 1 month ago
Our client is a leading manufacturing company and sizeable in its own right, however they are a subsidiary to a much larger organization and they wish to hire a Senior Finance Director and will be responsible the financial statements of the company. This role is also responsible for internal controls and other SOX requirements, monthly, quarterly, and annual close process. This role will also suit a “hands on” CFO that has led a medium size company. In addition, this role can be remote with 1 week per month in office, in Houston.
Essential daily duties will include: -
- Assist with developing and executing the business strategy and objectives; build out financial and operational planning requirements to monitor and drive business objectives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain key financial reporting and analysis for the business including P&L analysis, dashboards, bridges, and other business support.
- Ensure that financial statements are accurately and timely prepared in accordance with Company and applicable accounting policies.
- Oversee the accounting and finance function including local regulatory and statutory requirements. Ensure processes and controls operate effectively in Mexico and design and implement additional controls as needed.
- Act as the central accounting point of contact for corporate accounting, financial planning, regional operational vice presidents, and specialized areas including indirect tax, accounts payable, credit, treasury, and risk management.
- Direct the monthly close process to include review of journal entries, reconciliations, monitoring of results and checklist progress.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are accurate and fully supported.
- Work with corporate accounting, consolidations, and Shared Services to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Support internal and external audits and SOX compliance; maintain SOX control framework in conjunction with Financial Compliance and ensure training and compliance across organization
- Oversee credit, collection, and AR function for division while working closely with corporate teams on credit risk, reserves, and collection efforts and updates
- Direct oversight for accounts payable function with a focus on communication and cooperation with operational contacts, data management, and working capital management
- Continuous development of analysis reporting for balance sheet, income statements, margin, inventory and various cost drivers to inform Senior Management and drive better business decisions
- Manage budget and monthly forecast updates including creation of models and measuring financial impact of business events and incorporating into model
Job Requirements: -
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred
- CPA is a big plus
- Experience in a senior role for a medium to large company
- 15+ years of progressively roles in Finance and Accounting
- Manufacturing Industry experience is preferred
- Strong technical skills (excel) and understanding of system set up, mapping, chart of accounts maintenance
- Hyperion Essbase is a plus
- Strong leadership skills
- Understanding of underlying financial systems and the ability to quickly absorb and add value to business systems impacting financial reporting
- Ability to proactively challenge and improve processes
- Ability to manage the organization through change including standardization of accounting processes and centralization of accounting duties
- Ability to assimilate and communicate major drivers of monthly performance and triangulate and validate performance on the income statement with movements on the balance sheet