Our client is a market leader in their industry providing healthcare services and solutions to patients and enabling them to lead an improved lifestyle. They wish to hire a Senior Financial Analyst that will be responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis primarily for the R&D function. In addition, this role will prepare financial plans and forecasts based on performance expectations, gather and publish financial information related to historical, current and future performance etc.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Develop detailed financial forecasts incorporating historic, trended and current business information.
- Monitor functional and departmental spending versus budget by highlighting material variances using system generated detail and trend reports.
- Prepare journal entries and assist in month end close as needed to ensure proper accounting at the functional and departmental level.
- Design, develop, and publish financial dashboards and packages by identifying optimal KPI’s and metrics to track performance.
- Perform financial analysis, as directed by management, and recommend alternatives courses of action by utilizing appropriate financial tools.
- Evaluate new business opportunities, potential acquisitions, new products, product life-cycle management, tax planning and spending initiatives by modeling alternative financial scenarios.
- Prepare sensitivity analysis impact on revenue, expenses and profitability by modeling changes in key variables (recommending appropriate course of action).
- Develop and utilize sound financial processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, MBA preferred
- CPA is a plus
- 4-7 years' experience in financial planning and analysis (in addition to equivalent experience listed above, if applicable), or equivalence in planning and quantitative analysis function.
- Experience with financial management systems such as Hyperion or equivalent
- ERP experience with SAP or similar systems
- Experience creating reports and dashboards in PowerBI from multiple data sources is a big plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards