Our client is a market leader in their industry providing professional services and support to consumers that enhance their lifestyles. They wish to hire a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to assist with SEC financial statement preparation and will oversee the quality and accuracy of the financial statements to ensure compliance with GAAP. The role will include preparation and review of financial reporting packages used for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures, financial statement analysis, report writing, and accounting/financial reporting system maintenance.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Prepare and review financial reporting data generated from the business unit finance teams for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Prepare flash results and forecasts for management review as part of the month end close process.
- Review variance analysis reporting for month end close. Monitor and review financial statements for accuracy and GAAP compliance.
- Create new and/or edit existing financial reporting packages to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports for miscellaneous government survey requests.
- Work closely with external auditors in providing audit request items.
- Provide accounting and financial reporting system maintenance for chart of account and hierarchy changes.
- Provide support/assistance to business unit finance teams through verbal and written correspondence as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years related experience with a minimum of 2 years of reporting experience
- Strong understanding of financial statement preparation and financial reporting systems
- Experience with Oracle GL or similar General Ledger System
- Good Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP