Our client provides essential services to consumers and organizations alike and they wish to hire a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst that will assist with monthly, quarterly and annual preparation and review of financial reporting packages used for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures. The position will have a secondary focus on analyzing operating results for relevant SEC reporting comparative periods related to the P&L and balance sheet variances and providing regulatory and compliance
reporting based on the goals and projects of the Financial Reporting and Consolidation team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Prepare and review financial reporting submissions for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Preparation of financial reports and analysis for government compliance reporting (annual, quarterly and ad hoc).
- Provide support to business units through verbal and written correspondence related to financial and regulatory reporting packages.
- Create new and/or edit existing financial reporting packages and/or forms.
- Review and inquire with business units related to operational variances as part of the month end close process.
- Review and evaluate analytics for month end close and quarterly reviews.
- Work closely with external and SOX auditors in providing audit request items timely.
- Perform preliminary review of accounting and financial reporting system maintenance related to chart of account hierarchy changes.
- Assist with the Oracle system implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or similar professional license
- 4-6 years related experience with a minimum of 2 years of relevant reporting experience
- Strong understanding of financial statement preparation and financial reporting systems
- Experience with reporting software tools such as Hyperion (HFM), Financial Reporting Studios and Smartview
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with foreign currency, inter-company transactions, and international consolidations
- Public accounting experience with experience in a SOX environment