Woodbury, United States
about 1 year ago
Our client is a market leader in their industry providing essential insurance products and services to consumers and businesses alike. They wish to hire a Senior IT Auditor that will leads and conduct complex risk-based IT audit engagements that are designed to assess the organization’s IT risk exposure and recommend any needed enhancements to business systems, processes, or controls.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Participate in complex audit projects: Works with teams under the direction of the Audit Manager.
- Build and maintain an understand the core IT control processes (e.g., change management, logical access, IT operations, software development)
- Participate in the planning of audits by collaborating with IT and business management to develop control walk-through narratives, the matrix of key controls, testing approach and schedule
- Design IT audit programs for business process reviews, system implementations, and application reviews
- Execute audit procedures including leading interviews, requesting, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting test steps in detailed, well-supported work papers
- Support audit reporting and issue remediation efforts, including tracking the status of open issues and other IT-related findings
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation and enhancement of the audit methodology
- Communicate with process owners to clarify the importance of an effective control environment, and the role of internal audit
- As needed, assist with the testing of IT general controls related to SOX compliance
- Build relationships with business leaders and managers: Collaborate with leadership to understand strategy, consider risks and then advise on the control structures necessary to manage risks.
- Develop and maintain productive, team-oriented relationships through individual interactions and group meetings
- Maintain awareness of significant changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment
- Department development: Participate in department initiatives and Centers of Excellence to ensure department processes, systems and methodologies effectively and efficiently enable the department to meet its chartered objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, MBA preferred
- 2+ years risk-based IT audit experience, including documentation of business processes, risks and controls
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on technology role such as application development, IT control, or related support function
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls related to system operations, information security and change management
- In-depth knowledge of the threats and vulnerabilities associated with business technologies
- Working knowledge of identity/authentication platforms is a plus
- Certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA is a plus
- May be required to travel up to 15%