Our client is a leading legal and professional services firm and they wish to hire a Senior Legal Billing Specialist that will compile, manage and execute attorney billing. This role maintains contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and reports directly to the Billing Manager.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Compiles and bills (including e-billing) attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by an attorney.
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Review and verify the accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Create and prints final client billing.
- Applies Firm billing policies.
- Use computerized accounting and payables software programs (Aderant, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Bachelors' Degree preferred
- 2+ years billing experience in a law firm
- Aderant (or equivalent software) experience
- Ebilling experience (E-billing Hub software)