Kennesaw, United States
over 1 year ago
Fast growing company has an immediate need for a Sr Network Engineer. In this role, you will work on a small team of Network Engineers and have an excellent opportunity to learn new technologies and expand your skill set. There will be some car travel (no more than 2-3 hours by car, and no more than 15% of the month) for project work at client sites. You must have excellent writing skills and be able to work off-hours if needed.
This is a fast growing company that hires very smart individuals. They take care of their Engineers, and this is a great place to work. They offer competitive base salaries, full benefits, 401K profit sharing, some telecommute and flex scheduling, etc.
You must also be okay with a schedule that can change frequently - if you need 100% routine work, this is not for you. This is a true "IT job," not a 9 to 5pm. Odd hours and weekend work from time to time. This company rewards its Engineers and you will be well taken care of.
- Cisco certifications required: CCNA, etc. Should have a desire to get your CCIE at some point.
- 8+ years' networking experience with Cisco routing/switching and a strong understanding of firewalls (must have either Palo Alto or Fortinet) and WLAN.
- Firewall configuration and analysis skills.
- IDS/IPS implementation and tuning.
- Excellent writing/documentation skills.
- Able to be on call to meet customer needs from project to project.
- Reliable transportation required to drive to Southeastern client sites 20% of the time.
- Preferences: Bachelor's Degree; Exposure to systems work (AD, Windows OS, virtualization, etc.).
Specific technologies (any experience with these (network and systems) are pluses:
- Enterasys; Appsense; VDI; NetApp storage architecture; experience with Metasploit (pen testing) and Nessus.
- Extreme/Enterasys switching and policy definition / wireless design and implementation.