Senior Property Accountant- Atlanta, GA
Our client in the Atlanta area is looking for a Senior Property Accountant to join their team. The client is a private real estate investment firm, with a focus on Commercial properties. Ideal candidate will have 3+ years as a Commercial Property Accountant; this is a Direct hire position paying up to $85K.
Essential Role Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform key accounting functions for a portfolio of assets (10+ properties), including the preparation of financial statements, bank reconciliations, AR applications, work papers, etc.;
- Assemble, track, and manage key initiatives, such as loan payments, construction draw requests, state sales tax payments, monthly/quarterly investor reporting, etc.;
- Assist with preparation for and coordination of annual external CPA audit;
- Coordinate with external CPA firm to review and approve income tax filings;
- Prepare operating budgets for inclusion in the annual Business Plan; and
- Assist with closing acquisitions, financings and dispositions.
- Undergraduate degree in business / accounting.
- Experience in retail real estate industry preferred.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and MRI (or equivalent).