10 months ago
Senior SOX Accountant
Pay: $85,000 - $100,000 plus bonus
This position will be responsible for adherence to SOX internal controls for the North American Region. The specific responsibilities include coordination of all SOX activities for the region including updating all narratives, walk-through’s and testing.
• Lead/Coordinates SOX effort for utilizing ACL/GRC audit tool.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and support company mission, value, and standards of ethics and integrity.
• Ensure current control structure mitigate material financial risk.
• Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on the design and implementation of Internal controls.
• Partner with Corporate SOX counterpart on improving regional compliance processes.
• Review and update SOX narratives, flow charts, and risk and control matrices related to the North American region.
• Work with the process owners to perform walk-through of controls to ensure completeness, proper level of support and controls are performed as documented.
• Schedule and document interim, update, remediation and year end testing with process owners.
• Serve as the primary coordination point with the external auditors on SOX efforts.
• Assist with the completion of the quarterly audits/reviews.
• Ability influence and energize process owners.
• Work independently and communicate openly with management and other departments.
• Drive improvements and build efficiencies into current processes by working closely with the locations/ functional groups and the system support team.
• Work proactively on identified shortfalls on current processes and leverage the system to close the gaps.
• Act as a facilitator and problem solver for project related issues.
• Bachelor Degree Accounting required
MBA, CPA (CIA or CFE) or CPA track preferred
• 4+ years in similar role or public accounting
• SOX coordination and testing
• Project management experience a plus
• Manufacturing experience preferred
• SAP, Oracle or similar ERP system
• 10% travel required
Please apply in confidence!
firstPRO 360 is a professional recruitment firm that has been providing talented professionals with exceptional opportunities since 1986. We invest in building relationships with people and businesses to benefit the communities that we live and work in.
Our mission is to provide a seamless recruiting solution for both our clients and candidates. We take the time to gain an understanding of our clients’ and candidates’ needs and customize our recruitment process because each individual and company is unique.
As a part of Staffing 360 Solutions (STAF), a publicly traded international company, we combine our small business culture with enterprise level support, allowing our success to be built on a foundation of absolute integrity and the highest dedication to providing value both within and beyond our organization.