Atlanta , United States
14 days ago
Our client is a leading manufacturing company, and they wish to hire a Senior Tax Accountant that will be responsible for the preparation and submission of all state and local income tax and indirect tax returns. Responsibilities also include assisting with all tax related matters including quarterly estimates and monthly income tax provision.
Essential duties will include: -
• Preparation of all state & city income tax filings, including state apportionment work-papers.
• State income tax provision and analytics for multiple legal entities
• Research and analyze potential state and local tax planning strategies.
• Calculate monthly and quarterly state marginal tax rates and state effective tax rates.
• Research and prepare recommendations on tax compliance issues.
• Respond to state tax notices.
• Preparation of state income estimated tax payments.
• Timely transmittal of accurately prepared monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual sales and use tax returns.
• Apply for and manage sales tax registrations.
• Assist with sales and use tax audits.
• Preparation and filing of tangible personal property tax and real property tax returns.
• Maintain tax filing calendar.
• Preparation and timely filing of Forms 1099 and 1042.
Job Requirements: -
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2+years’ experience with state and local tax
• Public Accounting experience required
• Manufacturing experience, a plus