Our client is a leading professional services organization that has recently completed a major acquisition and they wish to hire a REMOTE Senior Tax Accountant to join their taxation team.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Prepare income tax returns (1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040) for manager review
- Recommend and implement effective tax planning strategies
- Prepare quarterly estimated taxes, safe harbor calculations
- Work with team members and clients on preparing year-end/special payroll for client businesses
- Maintain and update annually fixed asset list in tax software
- Identify and communicate sales and use tax issues as encountered
- Prepare Journal Entries for depreciation, amortization, and other tax M-1 entries as required
- Extract Financial Statements from Xero and analyze them to prepare accurate tax returns
- Review client data, identify and report potential bookkeeping problems, make corrections by Journal Entry as needed to client books, as needed
- Communicate and build relationships with clients
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of RECENT public accounting experience; demonstrated experience of managing multiple clients.
- Proficient with CCH Axcess or other similar tax preparation software
- Tech-savvy and proficient in cloud accounting technology: Xero, QBO, Slack, Zoom and Excel
- Strong analytical skills – see the big picture, how things relate to and affect one another, within the client’s books, as well as business
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work, in a remote team organization
- Manage tasks and deadlines effectively
- International tax experience a plus!
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated work space in your home