Our client is a global organization that provides products and services to the construction industry and they wish to hire a Senior Tax Analyst with responsibility for supporting tax aspects for the global operations, including accounting and financial reporting requirements, tax compliance, transactional and structural planning to manage worldwide cash taxes and effective tax rates.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual worldwide tax provision, including effective tax rate, deferred taxes, specific tax adjustments (valuation allowances and reserves), tax exposures and disclosures for external and internal reporting purposes.
- Preparation of tax account reconciliations and income tax estimates.
- Extracting and analyzing data from the Company’s ERP system and/or consolidation software to facilitate and support analysis, reconciliations and preparation of tax-related information, schedules and disclosures.
- Preparation of taxable income projections, alternative minimum taxable income, and tax expense and cash tax forecasts of worldwide business operations. ·
- Creation of projection models used for tax planning purposes.
- Calculations required for the international tax aspects of the US income tax return, including net foreign source income, Subpart F income and related gross ups, earnings and profits, and tax pools of the Company’s foreign subsidiaries ·
- International reporting requirements, including gathering and analyzing data required for completion of Forms such as 1118, 5471, 8858, 8865, and other international tax forms
- Preparation and maintenance of work papers in compliance with departmental policies and the Company’s internal control standards.
- Internal and external exams of the Company’s accounting for income taxes.
- Analysis related to domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and other tax planning and research projects as they relate to or impact the Company’s accounting for income taxes.
- Identification of improvement opportunities for income tax accounting processes and procedures including but not limited to: automation, world wide data collection and integration with other tax and finance department processes (such as compliance and estimated payment processes).
- Conducting tax research on various tax matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA is preferred
- 3+ years’ public accounting in major accounting firm (big four or middle-tier) or related industry, or a combination of the two
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and corporate taxes · Preferred
- CPA is a plus
- Experience dealing with large corporate tax affairs including ASC 740, multi-state, domestic and international taxation is preferred