Our client is a market leader in their industry providing essential insurance products and services to consumers and businesses alike. They wish to hire a Software Developer or Programmer that wants to make the move into IT Audit that will leads and conduct complex risk-based IT audit engagements that are designed to assess the organization’s IT risk exposure and recommend any needed enhancements to business systems, processes, or controls. Full IT Audit training will be provided.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Participate in complex audit projects: Works with teams under the direction of the Audit Manager.
- Build and maintain an understand the core IT control processes (e.g., change management, logical access, IT operations, software development)
- Participate in the planning of audits by collaborating with IT and business management to develop control walk-through narratives, the matrix of key controls, testing approach and schedule
- Design IT audit programs for business process reviews, system implementations, and application reviews
- Execute audit procedures including leading interviews, requesting, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting test steps in detailed, well-supported work papers
- Support audit reporting and issue remediation efforts, including tracking the status of open issues and other IT-related findings
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation and enhancement of the audit methodology
- Communicate with process owners to clarify the importance of an effective control environment, and the role of internal audit
- As needed, assist with the testing of IT general controls related to SOX compliance
- Build relationships with business leaders and managers: Collaborate with leadership to understand strategy, consider risks and then advise on the control structures necessary to manage risks.
- Develop and maintain productive, team-oriented relationships through individual interactions and group meetings
- Maintain awareness of significant changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment
- Department development: Participate in department initiatives and Centers of Excellence to ensure department processes, systems and methodologies effectively and efficiently enable the department to meet its chartered objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, MBA preferred
- 2+ years risk-based IT audit experience, including documentation of business processes, risks and controls
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on technology role such as application development, IT control, or related support function
- Strong knowledge of IT general controls related to system operations, information security and change management
- In-depth knowledge of the threats and vulnerabilities associated with business technologies
- Working knowledge of identity/authentication platforms is a plus
- Certification, such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CIA is a plus
- May be required to travel up to 15%